Views: 73 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-06-06 Origin: Site
In recent years, the level of domestically produced outboard engines has been increasing. Electric outboards engine have quite good advantages, the noise of electric outboard engines is small, and environmental protection is non-polluting, so the use of electric outboards is becoming more and more frequent.
With the maturity of DC brush less motor technology and advances in battery technology, electric outboard engines have also entered the range of people's choices. The electric outboard motor uses a recyclable battery as an energy source to convert electrical energy into kinetic energy through an electric motor.
The core components of the electric outboard are the motors, the battery, and the control circuit that controls the speed of the motor. Others are the housing, connectors, suspensions, and other value-added components such as GPS chips, battery management circuits, and more.
According to the position of the motor, the electric outboard can be divided into two forms .The motor is placed in the lower part or upper of the outboard engine.
The commonly used motor is a DC brush less motor with high energy conversion rate. The converted kinetic energy is directly transmitted to the propeller, and the energy loss is minimized. The shape design is completely considered from the perspective of fluid mechanics, it can reduce water resistance. because of the simple structure, low failure rate and high reliability.
The motor is placed at the top of the outboard engines, less Limited by space, the volume can be relatively large, suitable for large horsepower outboards.
There are cons and pros of electric outboard motor:
1. Environmental protection, zero pollution. This is reflected in two levels. First, it has no pollution to the environment and has positive significance for protecting water resources and air. Second, it is very clean for storage, transportation and use for the individual users. There is no nasty gasoline smell, oil pollution and inhalation.
2. Safe. Whether it is gasoline, liquefied gas or diesel, it is flammable and explosive, and it is still risky for ordinary users of non-professional technicians to operate. Electric outboards do not have to worry about such risks at all.
3. The promotion efficiency is high. The low speed, high torque output characteristics are ideal for marine propulsion.
4. The use of low cost. The cost of daily charging is much lower than the cost of purchasing fuel; the structure is simple, the rotating parts are few, the work is reliable, and the maintenance cost is extremely low.
5. Convenient for storage, transportation and use.
1. Battery service life is limited. Models with strong endurance can only achieve 2-3 hours of battery life at economic speed. Although personal leisure and entertainment is not a problem, commercial operations must increase the battery pack to meet the endurance requirements.
2. The power range is small. At present, the largest mass-produced electric outboard motor of the horsepower is the 80 horsepower of the German Torqeedo company. Compared with the gasoline outboard Yamaha and Mercury, the 300, 350 horsepower is still too small, which limits its promotion and application in large ships.
3. The first purchase cost is higher. As a high-end product in the outboard industry, it provides users with an excellent experience while at the same time, because of higher cost, the price is also high.